"You assisted us in the design; guided us through all phases of product selections; advised us on the idiosyncrasies of building in the south; maintained a meticulous build record at every step; addressed any and every discrepancy fully and immediately, no matter how small; disclosed every detail and relevant cost of the construction without exception."
-Leon and Theresa McClean
About Our Process
Whether you’re beginning your first or fifth custom home, the building process may seem overwhelming. That’s why Shore ~ Blanton uses a detailed, highly organized process for every project we begin so you maintain complete confidence every step of the way.
- We start by assessing where you want to build – whether it be in the greater Savannah vicinity, surrounding coastal islands, or the area’s most prestigious communities – and cover such topics as lot recommendations or, if you currently own a lot, we join you on a walk through to determine your future home’s optimum position to take advantage of views and privacy
- Next, if you have already secured your house plans, we review those with you to help you further define your needs
- If you don’t yet have your house plans, we offer assistance with plan design and work with trusted designers and architects to help create your plans
- With needs fully evaluated we review your budget to ensure vision and reality will easily combine
- Using your budget as our guide, we take the approved plans and obtain bids from our professional and reliable subcontractors and suppliers
- All costs are thoroughly reviewed initially and throughout the process for maximum cost effectiveness beginning to end
- Once all costs are finalized and determined to fit well within your budget, we sign contracts and start building
- As site prep and initial construction begin, we then arrange for you to meet with our esteemed interior designer who will walk you through our selection process to help with the many detailed choices that will make your house a home
- All meetings flow in a logical progression timed with your home’s construction and are scheduled for your convenience
- Throughout the process, owners Harry Shore and Tommy Blanton are personally involved in quality control, checking behind each job to ensure every aspect is being handled as it should
- Finally, with construction complete, a walk-through is conducted and at Shore ~ Blanton, we’re not satisfied unless we achieve a zero punch list – our goal is absolute perfection and nothing less
- After move in, Shore ~ Blanton will continue its relationship to ensure your ongoing satisfaction, or as we like to say, once a client, always a client
"Your great organization kept us in the loop with every aspect of the process, literally page by page. We couldn't be more pleased and thankful to you for making our dream house a reality."
-John and Kaye Blome